Sunday, October 05, 2008

Putting the B in BRB


Sure, I've been away from blogging for a month. But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot going on. I'll try to catch up and explain, but here are a few things worth mentioning right off:

My short film "Notebook on Santas & Elves" screened at Antimatter Film Festival in Victoria, B.C. I did not get to go. Instead, I went to New Orleans. (More on that soon....)

Another short documentary -- "Bend & Bow" -- is going to screen at Detroit Docs International Film Festival next month. I won't get to go to that one, either. Instead, I'll be going to Florida. (More on that too.)

Found out "12th and 3rd in Brooklyn" will also have a screening in a couple of months, but can't give details yet....

I've made the first phase of a necessary schedule change: I no longer work at New York Institute of Photography. (Details to come....) I do still keep busy, though: I'm finishing a term of teaching three online classes, a Thursday-night photography class, plus my Bronx Community College classes in editing and television production. Finished, as well, editing the first episode of a new series on artists. (Details, maybe, soon.) Working on a new Frugal episode. Also, writing a longer documentary piece....

On the photography side, finished a couple of photo assignments (including a little studio lighting work) but have had little time for the New York streets....

Above: went to the photography shows in Chelsea on Friday, then on to an art show in Brooklyn....

No comments: