Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Decent Week All Around


I had a good week. On Thursday, I saw D.A. Pennebaker present his films in person. He showed his early "Daybreak Express" and "Baby" -- both excellent short documentary films. It's nice to get to be in the same room as one's heroes...

Then on Friday night Maya Mumma, Iris Lee and I screened our new documentary short 12th and 3rd in Brooklyn (New York Portrait #1) at Monkeytown. Great place. You sit on slinky couches, drink wine, and look up at the four huge screens.

Also: finally bought an HDV camcorder: the JVC GR-HD1. I've unpacked it and charged the batteries....

Above: Monkeytown is great, as long as you like to watch things, eat, drink, and sink into a couch.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Late comment, but, how do you like the HD cam now that you've had time to use it a bit? Had any feedback good or bad about other HD cameras, particularly re compatibility with Mac, FCP, etc.?

Ted Fisher said...

Well, I started shooting both the HD1 and HD100 before my FCP update arrived. So I used Lumiere HD to capture and did some basic editing from that.

All worked well with one exception: I had a slight offset in audio -- possibly 6 or 9 frames. It was completely consistent, though, so easily fixable.

The new FCP has arrived now, so the next batch of footage will be captured as soon as I can install....